Cancellation / No-Show Policy
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment. The full appointment price will be charged if the appointment is cancelled less than 24 hours before the scheduled time. If a client fails to attend an appointment with no notice, the full appointment price will be charged.
Hosting Your Massage Appointment
- For an on-site table massage, your Massage at Hand therapist will need about 10′ x 7′ of clear floor area to provide your massage.
- For an on-site chair massage, a smaller area of 7′ x 7′ will be needed.
- Please plan ahead to minimize interruptions during your massage.
- The therapist will have soothing background sounds/music available.
- Your therapist will never intentionally bring any unwanted or distracting odors into your treatment space. Please help your therapist extend this courtesy to each of their clients by refraining from smoking until after your therapist has departed.
- Please ensure that the treatment area is free of pets.
- This helps eliminate any trip hazards for the safety of the pet, the client, and the therapist.
- This also prevents pets from damaging equipment.
- If a pet damages any massage equipment the client will be responsible for replacement/repair.
Scope of Practice
Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client. Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
Respect for client needs and boundaries
The client may choose to:
- leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort,
- refuse any massage methods,
- stop massage at any time,
- and is free to end the session at any time.
The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The client will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and will be reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is not appropriate. Engaging in this conduct will end the session and full appointment price will be charged. The breast tissue and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Also hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested. At any time the client may direct the therapist to a different area to work if they become uncomfortable. Client feedback and direction are welcome.
Confidentiality and conversation
The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage. Do what is comfortable for you. Your therapist may politely inform you if you bring up a topic which is not appropriate to a therapeutic setting.
Existing and new medical conditions
It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken. The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. By signing the consent form you are affirming that you have read the consent information and these policies, that you understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures.